I think the doctor's office is going to write me off as an obsessive parent. After not calling them for the first year of Aidan's life, other than to make appointments, I made up for it today. I called the doctor's office three times today. For two separate reasons! It hasn't been a good day...
This morning I woke up to a very speckled boy. He didn't seem to notice to spots. I think they bothered me more than him. We noticed them yesterday and initially thought it was an allergic reaction to food, but we couldn't think of anything that would cause the reaction. So, we called the on-call doctor yesterday evening to see what we should do. Benadryl, she suggested. So, we've been faithfully giving Benadryl, Tylenol, and Motrin. Poor kids on so many drugs, he doesn't know what to do. Even with all of that he's still running a low grade fever. It's worse today than it was yesterday...if it's no better tomorrow I'm going to make an appointment for him.
Check out the spots on my poor speckled boy. He's not upset about the spots...he doesn't want to be photographed in his less than perfect state.

I know how to take my medicine, mommy!

You can see a few spots in this picture...but look closely at his left eye...

See it now? After this picture this morning he fell on the coffee table and split his eye open...the third call to the doctor's office today! Luckily, his doctor called us back this afternoon and didn't make me feel bad for calling and was able to talk to me like a human being, not an obsessive mom. It's nice to work with your pediatrician! :) I don't think it needs stitches though. At least let's hope not, because we didn't go get them.

After all he's been through today, he's a real trouper! He cries for a minute, is kind of clingy, and doesn't have much of an appetite for solid food...but there's always time to play and work towards his real ER visit by climbing on everything!

PS. No nominations for mommy of the year please! :) Luckily God made children resilient to live in spite of their parents (especially the oldest).
1 comment:
Poor Aidan! Well, really, Poor Mommy! I'm sorry he's not feeling well... seems like stuff goes around in waves! Keep me posted on how he's doing...
Carolyn seems to be feeling a little better, though she still wasn't quite herself yesterday. I had a terrible day yesterday since I caught what she had and had the fever, chills, and sweats for about 36 hours! I even went to urgent care yesterday (since I don't have a family doctor) and they told me that I had Coxsackie Virus (probably what she had, too) which causes the fever and then the mouth sores (and now I understand why she was crying for 2 days)! I started showing symptoms 2 days after she did, so I think if any of the other kids were going to get it, they'd show signs now. I feel so bad for taking her out, but I really thought it was her shots or maybe her molars coming in! I feel quite a bit better today so hopefully we're on the upward slope of this one. We'll miss you guys this week!
Love those pictures of Aidan! What a character!
EB
Post a Comment