Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Camp Michigania

We had the opportunity last week to spend some time at Camp Michigania, a family camp in Northern MI for U of M alum. We went with my parents, aunts and uncles, cousins, and second cousins...15 of us in total! We had a great time reuniting with family and not having to have cook, clean, etc...just enjoy family!

I have more pictures coming, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get my pictures off the camera and into the computer...soon enough! Luckily my dad gave me a short photography lesson while we were at camp, so I now know how to use my camera more effectively, although I have a long ways to go!

Aidan and I enjoyed some quiet time together at the smaller beach at camp. It's great for little kids...shallow, lots of sand, benches in the water, boats to look at. What more could we want for the end of our week together.


A dragonfly hatching from his exoskeleton. I learned this week that they live underwater for 3-7 years, then come out hatch, lay their own eggs and die a few short weeks later. It was cool to see them in all their different stages of hatching. It made them not quite so scary when they flew into me around camp... Luckily we missed most of the may flies and june bugs too! :)
Aidan has entered another phase (besides "why") where he just wants to hold hands. It's really sweet, but not all the other kids are interested in sharing this phase. My cousin Xander is one of them. He came up with some interesting tactics for avoiding the dreaded hand (hands over his head, holding onto his cup with both hands, moving away...), but at their class (3-4s) he did help out a lot and try to make Aidan more comfortable.
Here Aidan's trying to persuade Xander to hold hands.
Success!
The 0-2's class off to see the Unicorn.

The Unicorn!


Singing "baby shark"...now there's a song that's hard to get out of your head!
All types are attracted to Unicorn day at Camp!

1 comment:

Heather said...

baby shark, do-do, do-do-do-do, baby shark... man... now its stuck in my head. Thanks :P