Thursday, June 18, 2009

Potty Training...

Well, I think now we've officially started on the potty training journey. I've known for quite some time that he's been physically ready...but I just haven't been ready to undertake the responsibility of potty training a toddler. So, yesterday we started with underwear. And, instead of deciding that he's done after one accident, we really played up the underwear and the pull-ups. He's really taken to it. And, although I think we're a long ways away from being "trained", we're definitely on the way.

He did have a small accident yesterday during his quiet time...although he wet his underwear and little plastic cover thing, he took them off. But, then he proceeded to poop. So, needless to say, when I found him, I also found a mess... I decided to spare you (and him) from pictures of the mess, but here's some from the clean-up.

The dinosaurs got a bath, although not visibly soiled...better safe than sorry!
Aidan helped...
All lined up to dry...
Watching the sheets, towels, and his blankets get washed...
Overall 3 accidents and 4 successes! I'd call that good odds! :)

No comments: