Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Falling Behind

Hello again. I seem to be falling behind both it taking and posting pictures. We've been busy here in the Conran household...but simply with the daily "stuff" of our lives. We're still traveling on a weekly basis back and forth sometimes together, sometimes apart. Packing up a household of 4 weekly is a daunting task in itself that we've gotten pretty good at, but travel days are still really long days! I'm home all day with the boys alone. Although it hasn't been bad at all, I'm trying to figure out what kind of a schedule Isaac wants. With Aidan I think we just kind of settled into a schedule naturally. With Isaac I've been trying to figure out a schedule since day one. It's hard to go back to no schedule when Aidan has been fairly predictable from what seems like day one (I'm sure my memory has been altered by time and hormones!).

Aidan is still my sweet little boy. We had an interesting week last week because we forgot Bobo's (his security blankets)... No one is quite sure how this happened, but again there is a lot that goes into packing up a family of four. Aidan was watching a movie on my iPod when we left, so he wasn't looking for them. And Chris and I were just distracted with making sure we didn't leave a kid behind! :) Aidan did surprisingly well, but seemed a little more "sensitive" that week to things that wouldn't normally have elicited similar reactions.

Isaac is now two months old and really starting to show some personality. He has been socially smiling for about 3-4 weeks now. He smiles much more than I remember Aidan smiling at first. His whole body gets into it. His face lights up and his legs and arms just start moving like crazy. He is also "talking" a ton, especially in the morning. He sleeps well at night (about 8pm to 3 or 4 am, then back to every 2-3 hours wanting to eat. During the day is a different story, but that's the schedule I'm trying to figure out this week. It will make all of our lives much better! We go to the pediatrician this Friday and we'll see how much he's grown since the last visit a month ago. Isaac will also get his first round of many vaccines (other than Hep B, he's already had two of those), so Friday night may be a long one!

I'm going to try to get some more pictures of Isaac this week to show all of you how he's really growing and much more of an infant now than a newborn. But, the days seem to go so quickly just getting the normal stuff done (cooking, dishes, showers, etc) that I forget to capture this time before it quickly changes again!

The picture at the top is Aidan picking a flower for me from our back yard. He's been into picking "pretty flowers" for me. It's really so sweet...although these ones seem to want to stay in the ground and are quite hard for him to pick. We're seeing so much of Aidan's personality too in the conversations we can now have with him.

This was a conversation Chris and Aidan had the other day:
A: I'm going to give Isaac a kiss because he's so cute!
C: What about me?
A: No, you're not cute. You look okay, but you're not cute.

No comments: